56 Bird Hood Scoop Block-Off

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
J
Last seen
Bought a 56 T-Bird that was restored in Texas. They apparently weren't too concerned about driving the car in colder weather. Here in NJ back in the fall, I noticed that the car wasn't running very well as the weather cooled. I'm sure the car doesn't have a thermostat either. But a friend of mine mentioned that he had seen T-Birds with the hood scoop blocked. I checked into it and ordered the block-off plate kit.

I would like to install this plate per the factory recommended method. The kit came with four speed nuts and four L shaped clips. The hood scoop grille is fastened in place using four threaded studs that have screw driver slots. Mac's shows this grille fastened to the hood using regular hex nuts and splt washers. They also list spacers but show no pictures. Are the spacers mentioned the same as what they call clips in the block-off plate kit? When the plate is off, what should the hardware configuration look like? When it is on? Does anyone have a picture or illustration of the plate as installed?

Any help would be appreciated. Is there any publication such as an assembly manual that shows this type of thing? I have a Corvette and Long Island Corvette's parts book shows everything in exploded diagrams. This would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back