2004 dry start

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
T

tag

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
When my vehicle sits for a few hours the oil seems to drain down and I have a dry start. Any fix for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Lucas oil additive. You can buy at any autozone, Oreillys or wal mart. In my opinion it's the best on the market. Your car will also run smoother and quieter.

Finally found out that ford installed an inferior check valve in the engine which allows the oil to drain back down from the upper cylinder heads, only fix is to tear down engine and replace the valve. Ford won't do a recall as not enough complaints.

Ford won't do a recall as not enough complaints.
Or they won't do a recall because It's an old used car no longer produced. Fundamentally speaking, there would be no difference in recalling a non safety issue like this on a 2004 vs. a 1964. Support has to end at some point.

Finally found out that ford installed an inferior check valve in the engine which allows the oil to drain back down from the upper cylinder heads, only fix is to tear down engine and replace the valve. Ford won't do a recall as not enough complaints.
And how did you find this out ? Service Bulletin, etc.. ?

Found this out from a retired Ford mechanic.

So its not a documented problem? First I’ve heard of it.

Back