1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

2003 thunderbird computer shifting points

Discussion in '1955 - 2005 Thunderbird Parts for Sale/wanted' started by Donmj, Mar 15, 2017.

1. after battery is disconnected I'm told tranny computer has to reset the shifting points...had tranny rebuilt and I don't think it shifts correctly. Any similar problems ?? gas mileage dropped pretty bad also...any help appreciated ...thanks !

2. I had my transmission rebuilt about a year ago.. no difference in gas mileage. At first I felt it was not shifting correctly . That went away. Sorry I can't tell you a time estimate on that. I drive just around town .. I was told that the computer was adjusting to my driving habits. My hubby says I drive hard. Whatever that means. I hope the adjustment happens to your bird also..

3. My Transmission has the E code and I have not fixed anything yet. I wonder if I should just keep driving it without the overdrive lockup. Will this hurt the transmission or just my mileage.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!