2002 vs later model changes, how big of a deal?

S
Last seen
Some questions:

1) How well do the heated seats work in later years' premium packages?

2) Is the increase in horsepower and torque post 2002 all that noticeable?

3) I've had the select shift in other vehicles and never used it. Do you use it often in the post 2002s?

4) Any good photos that show the instrument change?

5) Were the exhaust configuration, air filter configuration, and engine compartment changes made as improvements or cost savings (in manufacturing process or in materials)

I tried searching but wasn't having much luck.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I own a 2002. Don't know about the heated seats thing, seems like a waste to me since this is a nice, warm weather car. Definitely don't want to try driving it around in the winter. The 2002 also has the select shift, never use it. The 2002 has plenty of gitty-up, trust me! I personally prefer the 2002 instrument panel, better looking in my opinion. I think the whole engine overhaul done for the later models produced more problems, again in my opinion. Most of (but not all) the ignition coil and other problems were in the later models, thus the 2 recalls from Ford that didn't include the 2002's. Hope that helps!

Co-pilot uses heated seats everytime she gets in the car. HP is increased but no big deal. Select shift is fun even if infrequently used. Coils were an equal problem for '02s, don't let anyone tell you differently.

Never have seen an '02 owner (or vice versa) say I like the other one better.

See mike biddle's fordthunderbirdforum.com.com for differences in years.

Back