2002 Dashboard light is out

R

roro

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 2002 Thunderbird and the dashboard light is out. I am unable to see the speedometer at night. Is this a fuse problem or does the bulb need to be replaced.

I have a 2002 Thunderbird and the dashboard light is out. I am unable to see the speedometer at night. Is this a fuse problem or does the bulb need to be replaced.

There is a fuse for the light, but there are other things on the fuse which you might have noticed. Fuse layout is in the back of the owner's manual. I have recently checked most of my fuses as I'm having a hvac problem.

My 2002 Bird just started having this same problem. All the gauges are still working, but the lights are out for the speedometer, tach, and gas gauge. Is it still OK to drive the car, or will further problems develop? I am trying to get the car to the Ford dealer, but I expect they will say the cluster needs to be replaced. This seems to be a common problem with these Birds.
Penny

My 2002 TB has the same problem. As there are LED lightnings in there, maybe the solder joints are defect. I hope that I do not have to replace the whole car dashboard....

Thanks Bark624, I just can't see the speed nor the other things when driving in the dark. So this is called FEM modul? What is FEM? I am not familiar to technical names in english. Thanks in advance.

Back