2002 abs light on the dash

I had my ABS light on for a couple of years before I finally took it in to have it fixed. The good news was that it was the clock spring. The bad news was that it thru another code after replacing it. The new code eventually pointed to replacing the passenger side airbag. I also had brought the car in at the same time for the air conditioner not working which turned out to be a bad compressor. Needless to say, it was over two weeks in the shop and almost $3400.

I had my ABS light on for a couple of years before I finally took it in to have it fixed. The good news was that it was the clock spring. The bad news was that it thru another code after replacing it. The new code eventually pointed to replacing the passenger side airbag. I also had brought the car in at the same time for the air conditioner not working which turned out to be a bad compressor. Needless to say, it was over two weeks in the shop and almost $3400.
I have purchased the clock spring and will make the repair soon. Everything else is in great shape right now!!

The only special tool you need is a steering wheel puller. The part is plug and play. Not much to it

Got the repair complete it was pretty straight forward . I was a little cautious working around the airbag . Everything went good took about 1 1/2 hour to complete. Working good so far.!!

Anyone know of a good video and support dealer for parts to support DIY on clock spring replacement? Thinking clock spring because of ABS light, radio/cruise buttons hosed up. Dealer wants > $500, so I'm thinking of DIY if possible and it seems as though it is from postings!

Back