1987 turbo coupe engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strikeeagle93

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just picked up a 1987 turbo coupe with a t-5, and was thinking about an engine swap. My goal is about 400hp, and as reliable as possible. If money was no option I would go with a Coyote, if this was the case would the t-5 still work? Are their any articles on this, the most I have seen is a pic of a Coyote in a Mark VIII, but no information. What other engines would you recommend other then the Coyote that may be easier or at least cheaper.
Thanks for any help!!!

if your still doing the project or havent started yet....an older 5.0 or even a 5.8 would be cheaper and should bolt right in to your 4 banger car without changing much. i am swaping a v8 into my v6 car and its not so cut and dry, but yours would be alot simpler than mine. there are way more preformance parts out there for the older engines.

You can go with a Windsor crate motor or if you can find a 351 Cleveland they make tons of power but are hard to find. Then you just have to find the correct bell housing for the motor for the T5 tranny. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back