1973 Power Window Relay Location

B

BigBird28

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Where is the power window relay located? After replacing all window switches and motors, the windows functioned normally for about a week. Now nothing, doesn’t even seem that power is going through the circuit. The fuse looks good and I haven’t done anything to it since I got it working.

Some additional context, last weekend the power door lock in the passenger door started clicking by itself while the car was off. I replaced the switch and connector and that has restored functionality to the power door lock motors and switches but still nothing to the windows. I suspect the power window relay is the culprit here and am wondering if the odd behavior of the power door lock is tied to the potentially failed relay. I checked the wiring schematics and see the main power for the power door lock flows through the power window relay. That’s why I’m thinking it’s connected. I want to take a look at the relay and see if it can be cleaned up but can’t find it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Where did you get your switches and motors? I have a problem with the passenger window of my 1975. Wish I could answer your question.

I actually found the relay. It’s up and to the left of the brake master against the firewall. Kinda tucked away in the back of the engine bay but accessible enough.

Where did you get your switches and motors? I have a problem with the passenger window of my 1975. Wish I could answer your question.
So for the 73, a lot of the parts are interchangeable with other Fords of the same era, especially Lincoln Mark IVs. I was having a tough time finding parts when I filtered for my T-Bird. I ended up finding a bunch when I searched on Amazon and ebay, they just weren’t always labeled as compatible with a T-Bird. Ebay is where I found the wire connectors, Amazon is where I found the actual switches. I’ll dm you the links if that’s cool.

Back