1969 T-bird pressure build in the radiator

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Need help to resolve my issue. 429 CID - as soon as I start the car there is immediate pressure build in the radiator. Running engine for 10 seconds creates pressure and some heat. The car has set since 1982. Is it possible the water pump is ceased or head gasket blown. Seems no milky oil issue. Ran hose water through top hose and water does circulate. What is possible issue. Engine has 120,000 miles.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your Head gasket is blown. No other thing will cause instant pressure in the radiator. Good luck.

Need help to resolve my issue. 429 CID - as soon as I start the car there is immediate pressure build in the radiator. Running engine for 10 seconds creates pressure and some heat. The car has set since 1982. Is it possible the water pump is ceased or head gasket blown. Seems no milky oil issue. Ran hose water through top hose and water does circulate. What is possible issue. Engine has 120,000 miles.
try thermostat

If it looks like it's circulating while it's running or just started they probably took out the thermostat. Take the radiator cap off after you start it & rev it up. If the water goes down a bit like it's circulating the water pump is working and they might've taken out the thermostat. GOOD LUCK

Back