1965 TBird air conditioning...need some help

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi All....am doing a ground up on my 65 but unfortunately for me the prior owner(s) completely gutted the AC system....I have everything rebuilt and have two new hoses...(there is no engine in the car at this time)...the new thicker diameter hose from the evaporator to the compressor is precut and ends fitted but the smaller one that goes to the condenser in the front of the car is generic in length and is cut to fit...three different hose ends are supplied...strait, 45degree and90 degree...here is the question....can any one take a measurement for me? I want to put the new hoses on the evaporator BEFORE I put that whole system back in the car..yes the entire interior is gutted down to the firewall! I need a measurement and need to know what is the correct fitting for the condenser...45 or 90 degree....I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with a 65 with air can measure that smaller diameter hose for me...from the firewall to the fitting ..or to the end of the fitting would be very helpful...I know there is more inside the firewall but that cant be gotten to easily...LOL....so from the firewall to the end of the fitting ...or to the hose end crimp on the fitting would be of great help..

thanks in advance
Tony

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Wish I could help but I went the easy way out and bought the kit from classic auto air.

I'll check with my local restorer - they are doing a 65 now

KM

Anybody know how much R134a to install on a 1965 Tbird? If I knew the onces of R12 that were in the original, I could calculate the R134a amount.

Take the R12 charge specification and multiply it by 0.9. Then, subtract 0.25 pounds to get the proper amount of R134a charge. So if it took 2 # of R12,.... 2 x 0.9 = 1.8. Then 1.8 - .25 = 1.55
If your system has a sight glass remember that you can't use it to judge the charge. A fully charged 134a system will still have bubbles.

Back