1964 door ajar flashing

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The door ajar dash light has been flashing and I can’t find the cause. What activates it? I’d appreciate any ideas...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The door ajar dash light has been flashing and I can’t find the cause. What activates it? I’d appreciate any ideas...
There is a switch inside the door at the latching mechanism that is tripped to off when the door is completely shut. It may be messing up or it has become loose and isn’t opening the switc. ive had this happen to me.

There is a switch inside the door at the latching mechanism that is tripped to off when the door is completely shut. It may be messing up or it has become loose and isn’t opening the switc. ive had this happen to me.
Do I have to take the door panel off to correct this? Where does the wire run from/to?

I too have a 1964. My door ajar switches were not working. I removed both door panels and found the left door switch was missing from where it mounts on the door latch. The other probably works but the bulb on the instrument panel had burned out. I purchased two switches but needed only one. Contact me if you need to purchase another switch. The switch may need to be cleaned and adjusted.

Back