1963 bumper jack

L

labman2

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need a bumper jack for my '63 T-bird. What years will fit it? Are there specific markings on the 1963 jack to insure the jack is actually for that year?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I need a bumper jack for my '63 T-bird. What years will fit it? Are there specific markings on the 1963 jack to insure the jack is actually for that year?
I believe you need this so do I,good luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180314-123927.png
    Screenshot_20180314-123927.png
    670.9 KB · Views: 6
You're right Bonshaker 1961. That's what I needed. Amazingly, I found one near me today and I no longer need one. Thanks for your reply. I'm still interested in knowing how many car model years use the same jack as the '63. Can anyone out there enlighten me?
61 62 63

Beautiful car! I've always liked red. Thanks for the model year information.

I wouldn't be fully jacking up the car from the bumper. you can use it to get floor jack underneath.
Because of rust, you may bend bumper brackets. and on convertibles, you will crack windshield.
you are better off with not having one at all

I wouldn't be fully jacking up the car from the bumper. you can use it to get floor jack underneath.
Because of rust, you may bend bumper brackets. and on convertibles, you will crack windshield.
you are better off with not having one at all

Thanks for the "heads up." I don't plan to use the bumper jack. I plan to use my floor jack. This car is pretty much rust free so I could use a bumper jack if I had no other choice. I also want the car to be complete. Obviously, I can't take the floor jack with me.
I hadn't really thought about the damage a bumper jack can do.

I saw that--thanks. Where are the diagrams you've sent coming from?

Back