1962 convertible top frame interference

kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello Folks,

I have a slight interference problem on my convertible top frame. I don't know the correct terminology, but on the right side the large link bar which connects from the main pivot to the rear intermediate side rail is rubbing on the main pivot support bracket, towards the end of its travel when the top is almost completely folded into the trunk. Compared to the other side, the link on this side appears to be bent slightly inboard, causing the interference. The first picture show the shiny spot on the main pivot support bracket where the link is rubbing, the second shows the link I am referring to and where it is rubbing against the bracket:

CT interference.jpg

link bar interference.jpg

I would speculate that the link got bent because maybe someone tried to operate the top without releasing the header latches? I know the hydraulics are powerful and can cause a lot of damage.

Fortunately this issue is not preventing the top from operating but I would still like to eliminate this interference. Thoughts? Is it adjustable, or do I just have to go medieval and bend it back?

Thanks in advance!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back