1960 upper horn not working

jpannier

jpannier

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My upper horn does not work. The one below it works fine. Does the upper horn simply need to be replaced or could it be something else? And how do I tell if the inoperative one is the high pitch or low pitch horn?

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I would try swapping the wires between the two, it will tell you if it is an electrical issue or horn issue.

Older cars used to have an adjustment for the horn- if it still does not work after connecting directly to Battery, then try adjusting .

Older cars used to have an adjustment for the horn- if it still does not work after connecting directly to Battery, then try adjusting .
Where is this adjustment located? And, how do you adjust it?

If it has one, it will be located on the "Bulb" part of the horn. If I remember right, it will have screw with a nut holding it in place. You would adjust it while having power to it.

My upper horn does not work. The one below it works fine. Does the upper horn simply need to be replaced or could it be something else? And how do I tell if the inoperative one is the high pitch or low pitch horn?
HI, Switch the wire from one to the other if you can. If it still doesn't work. it is probably bad. Use a test light to see if it is getting power. Sometimes tapping on the horn will get it to work because dirt or corrosion will build up on the contacts inside. Some of the horns are marked H or L on the housing to tell which is which. Good luck.

Back