1957 weatherstrip installation

twstnshout

twstnshout

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I bought a weatherstripping kit from concours. I installed all except this piece. I can’t figure where it goes I didn’t remove anything that resembled it during tear down 18 months ago. its 2 1/2 inches wide and 59 inches long. Can Anyone help?
43350879-3CBD-4E36-8C20-361328B87F60.jpegDA993215-24C9-4FCD-AB1A-8A1AAB3898BB.jpeg7045D89C-BAB2-4635-956F-1D7E36AC64BF.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your title " tbird weatherstrip question" has been updated.

It mounts on the very back of the car. Between the bumper and body.

I bought a weatherstripping kit from concours. I installed all except this piece. I can’t figure where it goes I didn’t remove anything that resembled it during tear down 18 months ago. its 2 1/2 inches wide and 59 inches long. Can Anyone help?
View attachment 26333View attachment 26334View attachment 26335
You didn't say if the kit was for the doors or top - two separate kits. The piece wouldn't be in a door kit, so it must be for either the soft or hard top. My guess is it goes on the front header that clamps on to the top of the windshield. Call Concours and ask them.

Looks like the strip that goes in the channel under the rear of the hood, just above the firewall. Originally, there were small holes in the channel and "nails or brads" were used to secure the strip. During my restoration, the holes on my car were filled and the channel was painted with the rest of the car so I used weather stripping adhesive to secure the the strip in the channel. If it's not that piece, from the looks of it, I have no idea where it goes.

It’s the stone guard along back edge of the car between the rear bumper. It took 11 staples originally the holes are still there.

Back