1957 Vacuum/Fuel pump plumbing

Jeff_Lee

Jeff_Lee

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I wanted to clean, straighten and paint my vacuum lines that run from the top of the pump - one goes to the threaded fitting in the intake manifold, and the other goes to the wiper hose. After the process they fit better and look better, but no longer fit like they used to.
The two ports at the top of the pump are marked "IN" and "OUT". I should have taken a clearer picture, but I want to make sure the "out" port goes to the wiper hose that continues thru the firewall?? The OUT port is the one closest to the left fender on my '57 ( I believe it is the correct pump).

Can somebody confirm that the "out " port is connected to the wiper hose please.
Thanks, Jeff

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Does this photo help?

"In" and "Out" isn't a very helpful description. Think about which direction the vacuum / air flow is moving, it's from the wiper motor to the fitting on the intake manifold.

Not that I've had to make it work yet. I don't take the '55 out if the weather looks wet and the tired original wiper motor has been sitting on the shelf since '12. :p
fuel pump wiper fitting, copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"WIPER" is a much better description!!
Thanks, Jeff

Back