1957 trunk side boards and small pieces of Utrecht Matt arrangement

twstnshout

twstnshout

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can someone explain or show a picture of how these pieces are arranged in the trunk?
IMG_6019.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The top items go over the wheel wells. The large cardboard goes in the left fender well and the small one covers the fender well on the right behind the gas filler tube.

Are the wheel well burtex pieces glued in? Are there fasteners to hold the cardboard pieces in? Also is there a divider piece at the back of the 57 trunk near the folded soft top. There are clips there that appear to hold something across the top edge

Are the wheel well burtex pieces glued in? Are there fasteners to hold the cardboard pieces in? Also is there a divider piece at the back of the 57 trunk near the folded soft top. There are clips there that appear to hold something across the top edge
I would glue them down with a spray can of adhesive. But test fit everything first. Also remember you will have to make a slit in the right one for the jack mount. Also I have seen trunks where the material covers the springs and some where its just tucked in beside it. I have my springs covered.
There should be a sheet of the same material which does hang on the trunk side of the cross beam which then covers the gap over the axle hump. There are steel hooks on that beam on the trunk side to perforate and hang that curtain.
As far as the cardboards there are wide head screws to secure the flat well covers to the trunk floor. As far as the left big cardboard, on mine there is a push button retainer on the bottom front next to the wheel well and the bulk of it is just tucked in and held by friction. Been there done that but many years ago and still there although the burtex is beyond looking new after 30 yrs not torn just dirty.

Last edited:
Back