1957 Power window very slow

F

farmerdick

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1957 power window extremly slow on passenger side. Drivers side goes up quick. Have had the car just under a year and has gotten slower over that time. Not sure wheather to rebuild or replace.
Would like to keep the original if possible. Anyone delt with this situation?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Have you tried lubricating it yet?

It may be that your front window post is warped. Decades of use, especially if you live in a warm climate, can bend the post. That would cause the window to bind as it lifts. Access to the post is through window removal, then post removal. Heat and pressure on the post can straighten it. This attachment has helped me with the problem.

windows (1).JPG

1957 power window extremly slow on passenger side. Drivers side goes up quick. Have had the car just under a year and has gotten slower over that time. Not sure wheather to rebuild or replace.
Would like to keep the original if possible. Anyone delt with this situation?
Had the same problem, exactly as your description, window was not in a bind, it was the motor brushes wearing out'. Keeping it original , replace the brushes however I replaced the motor. Appears to be an exact replica

you read my mind. i will be tackling that job after Christmas. Right now we are dealing with no power after a bad wind and rain storm, 400,000 without power running off generator.

Back