1956 Thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scooter

Scooter

BUCK BIRD
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I own a White 56 Thunderbird that once belonged to Buck Owens. I have the Orginal California Auto Registration Aug/16/83 Registerd to Buck Owens Enterprises, Bakersfield CA. Plate BUCBIRD. Would anyone know if it is possible to Obtain California Replacement Plates with BUCBIRD on them?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Scooter said:
I own a White 56 Thunderbird that once belonged to Buck Owens. I have the Orginal California Auto Registration Aug/16/83 Registerd to Buck Owens Enterprises, Bakersfield CA. Plate BUCBIRD. Would anyone know if it is possible to Obtain California Replacement Plates with BUCBIRD on them?

You can order right on line... http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/elp/elp.htm and can even have a space between Buc and Bird.

Anybody know about the extra steel welded on the x bracing bottom side? 1956

Last edited:
In mid 1956, Ford installed a 1/2 inch thick by 2 inch wide slab on the frame. It was installed under the frame and also on the X that joins the two sides. The purpose was to minimize frame flexing due to the continental tire. It also helped to redistribute the added weight behind the rear axle due to the continental tire.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back