1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

1955 Thunderbird Export

Discussion in '1955 - 1966 Classic Ford Thunderbird' started by gbforever, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Hello all, new to the forum here. Just wondering, I just bought my uncles old 55 tbird and it is an export edition, sent to South America. He found it in Venezuela and brought it back in 99. Hasn't done anything to it and he passed in 08. Now I have it. Has been restored before, but not very well. The speedometer is in kmh, which I heard was rare. Is this thing worth anything? I know condition condition condition, but what kind of numbers are we talking about say in the " needs restoration" spectrum? Thank you very much!

2. Almost 2 years later, i'm still at a loss on what to value this thing at. The car also came with a stripped 56 t-bird from Detroit. Not nearly as nice as this one he found in VZ. The whole lot included 2 new seat upholstery sets - red on white, years and years of junk yard picking parts i.e. headlight bezels, misc interior/exterior trim, probably over 15-20 original hub caps, valve covers, etc, too much to list. I am looking to sell all of it soon, does anyone have any input or info on the export and how rare it is? I already know that many if not all documents stating any history of most 55's and some 56's were burnt in a ford facility back in the day, but I thought i'd might as well ask.

Attached Files:

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!