1955-57 headlight buckets interchangeable?

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
does anyone have a cross reference or know of interchangeability of headlight buckets for 57 little bird. i know that at one point numerous buckets would be used across various models of cars but i am having issues finding original part numbers and cross references for them. when car was purc hased it was total basic case. now closing in on the resotration and looking to see what would work and fit proper for headlight buckets and sources i have found online none agree as what years and/or models will work on the 57 littlebird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The headlight buckets from 1955, 56 and 57 will surely fit. The issue comes when you want to put on the headlamp brow onto the car. The 55 was different than the 56 and 57 in how the brow attached. (the clips at the bottom on the 55 were one year only) The buckets otherwise from full size and Thunderbirds are the same. Any bucket from any Ford of those three years will work.

thanks that was what i was thinking about crossing over to any full size of that year but having run into issues with other parts that " claim" to fit a 57 littlebird and dont i wanted to make sure before hand. it has been an interesting 2 year project so far. when buddy bought it as basket case it was literally a basket case. i rebuilt the motor from scratch and transmission. the guy he bought it from saw him coming and kept all the high end high value parts but i have been able with working with buddy find and build parts he has needed. individual it was bought from kept the original 4150 carb - sector gear for steering box alternator bracket etc... all the hard to find or high dollar pieces yet said " oh ya its all there " ... only thing need to chase down now are proper exhaust manifolds that will clear steering column, as the ones on motor are off wrong model and/or year so wont clear the coulmn.

thanks for fast responce fordrodsteven

The only difference on the buckets for those three years, as far as I know is the clips for holding the brow in place. I should think that buckets off of other year fords would also fit but might require a little modification to attach the brow clips. You can purchase the proper clips from Hill's Thunderbird and National Parts Depot.
I found when I joined my local Thunderbird club that there are a couple of guys who are always making connections for parts. Some of them even have parts on hand and for sale or barter. If you're not already member I suggest you at least reach out to them. I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind selling parts to someone who is not a member of their club. I am a member of CTONE. (Classic Thunderbirds of New England) We are getting together for a breakfast this coming Tuesday. I'll ask if any of them have manifolds for sale.

Back