1968 SUICIDE DOOR HELP

Patrick
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
HELP I have a 1968 thunderbird and one of the suicide doors is stuck shut I tried pushing up on the lock and having someone try to open it from the outside. Nothing is happening though anyone have a solution to this problem?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I see that it's been over a week and no one has offered up any help. I don't know how the door latch mechanisms work on that car but I would think there has to be a way. I think the door has to be open so you can dis-assemble to get access to inside the door. The only thing I can suggest is to see if someone at a body shop might have a method to get it open without causing any damage.

A little more thinking about this. You say you had someone push up on the lock while trying to open it from the inside. I don't think your problem is the lock but rather the latch mechanism. Some part of the mechanism is probably worn or broken and will not allow it to release when pushing the button or moving the inside handle. I don't know of any easy way to get at that part inside the door without removing the inner door upholstery / panel. You could try sliding a slim jim down into the door to see if you can catch on a part of the mechanism to get it to release. Or... as I said earlier try a body shop. They may have some method. Possibly drill a hole and insert something to get the mechanism to release.

Back