2002 small problems

C

couture

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My mirror adjustment switch will not work and no dash lights, everything else ids Ok and I checked fuses so that's not it. What kind of problem do I have, especially the dash lights which means I can't see the instruments at night. ?

My mirror adjustment switch will not work and no dash lights, everything else ids Ok and I checked fuses so that's not it. What kind of problem do I have, especially the dash lights which means I can't see the instruments at night. ?
I have the same problem with the dash lights out on my 2002 Bird. I was told by the Ford dealership where I bought it that the cluster would have to be shipped off to Ford Headquarters for reconditioning to fix this problem. I think they quoted about $1300, so I have not fixed it (and use a flashlight to see the speedometer at night). If anyone has found a better answer, I would also love to hear it!

What about mounting a small row of low power LED lights over the cluster so you can see the gauges? just an idea.

Replaced my 2003 side view mirror adjustment switch for 23 and change. Can't recall the source , but used Paypal, so it had to be an on-line vendor. Search it out.

I've got a new mirror switch at the local auto parts, mainly concerned with dash lights. I want to fix both in one session so I don't have to tear apart thr dash two times.

Back