2002-2005 Tire Wheel Swap/Exchange

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello from Mike in the Monterey, California area. We bought a used 2002 just under a year ago and it's got some "upgraded" tires/wheels on it and we'd like to go back to stock (or near stock).

What we've got:
Tires:
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 245/35 ZR19 93Y, Extra Load, M&S, with a Rotation arrow. All (4) four tires have 8/32" tread remaining and are in great shape. They've all been on the car since we bought it. There are no clearance problems when cornering.

Wheels: I don't know the brand but here's a picture:
2002 TBird Wheels-4.jpg

What we want:
Wheels:
17" Factory originals or upgraded wheels. What have you got?
Tires: P235/50 VR17 (original equipment) or we'd consider the 235/55 since many folks say they like them.

The best case scenario would be someone fairly local able to meet us at a tire shop for a complete tire and wheel swap. Next best is that we meetup somewhere in Central/Northern CA for the swap. I'd also consider just buying your OEM wheels and buying tires locally, then selling my wheels with tires mounted.

Thanks for your consideration!
Mike

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello from Mike in the Monterey, California area. We bought a used 2002 just under a year ago and it's got some "upgraded" tires/wheels on it and we'd like to go back to stock (or near stock).

What we've got:
Tires:
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 245/35 ZR19 93Y, Extra Load, M&S, with a Rotation arrow. All (4) four tires have 8/32" tread remaining and are in great shape. They've all been on the car since we bought it. There are no clearance problems when cornering.

Wheels: I don't know the brand but here's a picture:
View attachment 920

What we want:
Wheels:
17" Factory originals or upgraded wheels. What have you got?
Tires: P235/50 VR17 (original equipment) or we'd consider the 235/55 since many folks say they like them.

The best case scenario would be someone fairly local able to meet us at a tire shop for a complete tire and wheel swap. Next best is that we meetup somewhere in Central/Northern CA for the swap. I'd also consider just buying your OEM wheels and buying tires locally, then selling my wheels with tires mounted.

Thanks for your consideration!
Mike
I have '03 chrome, stock wheels that are in great shape. The tires are the factory origonals. I'd do the swap, however the challenge is that I'm in NW Washington. I suppose it would be an adventure to meet somewhere in the middle (we do this with our motorcycle club every year, but somehow we regard it differeently than doing a "wheel swap")

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in.

I have '03 chrome, stock wheels that are in great shape. The tires are the factory origonals. I'd do the swap, however the challenge is that I'm in NW Washington. I suppose it would be an adventure to meet somewhere in the middle (we do this with our motorcycle club every year, but somehow we regard it differeently than doing a "wheel swap")

Hi BLKHWK!

We are going on an RV rally, towing the pickup truck, in July. We'll be in the Eugene/Coburg area from July 7 PM until July 10 AM. Then on to Corvallis, OR arriving about 10 AM. From there, it is a "mystery rally" (we've never been on one of those before) so we don't find out our next destination, or how long we'll be in Corvallis ... until we get to Corvallis and get our next instructions.

I could remove the 4 wheel/tire assemblies and put them in the back of the pickup. But, after Corvallis, I don't know if we're headed north or east or where.

So, what do you think? Is Corvallis do-able for you or do you have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks, Mike

BLKHWK,
It just dawned on me that if I'm going to be sitting in the Eugene area from July 7 to 9, I could easily drive the pickup truck north to meet you somewhere closer to your home. Where in NW Washington are you?

Also, I re-read my original post and want to clarify that the previous owner of the car installed the tires and wheels that are currently on it. And they left me with no receipts or dates for the work being done as we bought the car from a User Car Dealer.

Cheers, Mike

Back