Coils

Jerry Gallamore

Jerry Gallamore

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to change one coil you might as well change them all. Murphy's Law states that if anything is to go wrong at anytime it will be at the most inconvenient time and will cost you more in the end. You have the coil covers off anyway you might as well change them. Now you have a clear piece of mind that you won't have any more problems. Good Luck Rick

No it was a poor design, I hear the new ones last longer though.

Ford replaced seven under warranty in 2014, another last Summer and yet another two weeks ago. I just bought sixteen.

I am not smart enough to figure our a fix, but there must be someone out there who is. I have not yet replaced any, but am planning to when the next one goes (if I can figure out which one).

Don't waste your time and money replacing a coil here and there. After multiple trips to my mechanic replacing a bad coil or two (only to see another coil or two fail shortly thereafter), we decided to replace them all...problem solved.

At the time of this post, 38.99 for an entire set of Ignition Coils! Can't beat that! If you have a 2002-2005 Ford Thunderbird I would buy these just to have on hand because of the history of these going bad!

Here is the link http://amzn.to/2ilnIo3

There is a post here on how to replace.

435_c3fa4631c5248bb207b3df831bca29b2.jpg

Back