Steering column rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skip
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
So I replaced the detent plate and bushings in my steering column and put it back in my car but now my ignition tail / break lights and blinkers aren't working

If anyone has any ideas what might be wrong I would appreciate any help

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sounds to me that you need to go back into the steering column. First to make sure everything is properly connected and not grounding out / shorting any wires. Also to insure that it is properly assembled.
Also - check out the fuse(s) for those circuits. If the fuse is blown you most likely have a short in the column where you were working.

Sounds to me that you need to go back into the steering column. First to make sure everything is properly connected and not grounding out / shorting any wires. Also to insure that it is properly assembled.
Also - check out the fuse(s) for those circuits. If the fuse is blown you most likely have a short in the column where you were working.

I did all that we took it apart and put it back together several times finally gave up and bought a new column ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back