misfires but no code

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I already have a new set of coils but would like a suggestion regarding spark plugs; Bosch, Autolite, Denso, etc.? Thanks.
Personally I prefer Bosch, I use the Bosch Iridium, they are preset so there is no worry about getting the gap right, run perfect straight away, never had a problem with them. They are coated with iridium to help them run more efficiently and get less wear.

I was looking at the Bosch Platinum but will check out the Iridium. The Platinum has the four prongs for the gap and spark transfer versus the one tab.

my '02 misfires occasionally and produces associated odor. sometimes during normal acceleration, sometimes under load. other times it will give me a normal ride. completely unpredictable. it does not show "check engine" lite or set a code. you can hold brake and rev engine in "drive" and it will skip audiably (with magna-flo mufflers). over the yr.s i have changed several cop's as well as the 02 sensor. those times a code was set. any ideas? fuel pressure is normal.
Check the coils, or a leaking valve cover gasket and oil getting on coils
That was my problem, fixed the oil leak and 2 coils, runs great again

Believe or not, it might be a Fuel Pump problem, check the Fuel Pump pressure, my 2002 did the same thing until i put a new Pump in.
Did yours miss constantly like mine? Once this problem started a couple months age it is constant, and most noticed at 40-50 mph.

Yes it did and it also was backfiring, turned out the fuel pump was overheating, tricky little thing , it finally blew a fuse, replaced it and put 5 gallons of gas in it it started and still did the same thing, missed so i had the pump replaced and it is doing fine, Good luck !!

OK, here is what I have done so far. Replaced the MAS, 8 coils and plugs and four oxygen sensors. Still miss, but NOW it throws codes. P 2195 and P 2197. What does this tell me to do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back