Help lost the heater bleed valve cap

W

wah64apache

Last seen
Hi Folks;
Yesterday the upper radiator hose came off. Had the wife bring tools and 3 gals of 50/50 coolant. Reattached the hose and filled the system at both the bottle and the engine cap.
While bleeding the heater I dropped the cap to the bleed valve. We looked and looked but no joy. I was on a busy road. It's a small, black plastic bolt with a wide, flat knurled head. I was able to "jury rig" it to get home.

I need to find a replacement. Any ideas where I can get one?

Thanks in advance, cheers, Frank

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Folks;
Yesterday the upper radiator hose came off. Had the wife bring tools and 3 gals of 50/50 coolant. Reattached the hose and filled the system at both the bottle and the engine cap.
While bleeding the heater I dropped the cap to the bleed valve. We looked and looked but no joy. I was on a busy road. It's a small, black plastic bolt with a wide, flat knurled head. I was able to "jury rig" it to get home.

I need to find a replacement. Any ideas where I can get one?

Thanks in advance, cheers, Frank

Talk about timing! I had a replacement hose on the shelf for a couple of years now and decided to repurpose the hose for another project. The cap was unneeded and about to be trashed. So, essentially, I have an unused bleeder cap. You can have it. Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll put it in the mail. Always glad to help out a fellow T Bird owner.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I sent you a "conversation" request. I hope that is the same as pm. Cheers, Frank

Thanks again Steve, I got the "bolt" yesterday. I will be sending you something I hope you will find useful. Cheers, Frank

Thanks again Steve, I got the "bolt" yesterday. I will be sending you something I hope you will find useful. Cheers, Frank
I got your gift the other day! It will come in handy, Thanks! Hope your 'Bird is happy now that it's whole again! :)

Welcome Steve. The front portion of the light moves forward and back to focus the beam. At full extension it reaches quite a ways at night. I have one in all my vehicles, car, truck and motorcycles. Cheers, Frank

Back