Get the car back from my soon to be ex-wife!!

G
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I own a 1965 convertible and I need some help retrieving back from my ex. She has been spotted driving it all around town, leaving the top down in the fog, not garaging it and has kicked the side of it twice. I don't have the keys and I need to find a way to start it. The car is in my name so there are not any issues with that......please help!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you are going through a divorce and there is a dispute regarding the property, then you are in a heap of trouble. Did you own it before you got married or did you purchase it jointly? What does the State you reside in say about community property? Possession is 9/10ths of the law. More information is needed.......

I own a 1965 convertible and I need some help retrieving back from my ex. She has been spotted driving it all around town, leaving the top down in the fog, not garaging it and has kicked the side of it twice. I don't have the keys and I need to find a way to start it. The car is in my name so there are not any issues with that......please help!

If the tag is in your name and you are paying the insurance. Have someone steal the tag and turn it in and drop the insurance on the car. She will get a ticket for no tag and you will not get in trouble for her having a wreck. It won't hit your insurance. Then just write off the car and forget about it. You can also Sign the title and date it and give it to her and then take your tag legally. Then she has 10 days to change the title and to get insurance and a tag. Either way she is going to screw up the car. Make a decision and move on is the only thing you can do.

The only chance(s) you have to get it back is if you owned it before you married, or you negotiate for it come property settlement time. Give her the hutch and the toaster and, if the car is really nice, throw in the big TV! If you try any of of shenanigans described earlier your asking for BIG trouble! Good Luck.

Back