1987 Thunderbird 3.8 California Car Failed Smog

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
H
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi folks I have a very clean 87 Thunderbird that failed smog. I was told I need to replace the egr vacuum amplifier it sits behind the alternator, ford no longer shows the part or even a part number does anyone have any info. that could help. I was told if the car won't pass smog the state would buy it, I just don't want to see that happen, it would end up being squished.

Do you have the part on your vehicle now?

If so, could you text me a photo of it.
I might be able to get you a used one.

Ron
Ontario, California
626-253-5641

Hi Ron Thanks for your reply. I did get the part. Funny thing happened the part I received turned out to be an original ford part. Ford discontinued the item and must have sold off the remaining inventory.

It's good you found the part.
I don't come on here much.
I'm on Facebook daily. Haha

Hi folks I have a very clean 87 Thunderbird that failed smog. I was told I need to replace the egr vacuum amplifier it sits behind the alternator, ford no longer shows the part or even a part number does anyone have any info. that could help. I was told if the car won't pass smog the state would buy it, I just don't want to see that happen, it would end up being

Take it out spray it with brake clean put it back together put a couple of bottle's of extra strength rubbing alcohol in the gas tank and if that doesn't work sell it to a private party that'll keep it from being turned into a paper weight.

Back