02 T Bird engine quit.

edward301
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Looking for some suggestions, started my T Bird to let it run some, and warm up, as I always
do about every 2 or 3 weeks. Engine started right up as it always does, ran for about 5 seconds
and engine quit like it was out of gas. Tried to restart, cranks fine but no go.

Where should I start, is there a fuse I should check, or a relay. After that where would I
check for voltage to the fuel pump, I am guessing pump is in gas tank. Also where would the
fuse be, same with relay.

No idiot lights on, engine quit like it is out of gas, tank is about 3/4 full.

Any info greatly appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How long since you drove the car?

Did you sit in the car to start it?

How many times did you try after the car stopped running? You may have flooded it.

Tomorrow try to start it without using the gas pedal then if it starts drive it around the block a few times and if you have
a gas station nearby get a fill up of ultra high test.

Did a little research and found fuse 17 in trunk fuse box blown.

Replaced fuse, still no start. Tomorrow will check the impact sensor
and see if it is tripped.

May be a bad fuel pump.

Have not driven car in over a year. Just start every 3 weeks or so.
Always starts, just not this last time.

"started my T Bird to let it run some, and warm up, as I always
do about every 2 or 3 weeks."

WARM UP? Your Baby is trying to tell you something! Imagine "warming up" your spouse, or significant other every 2-3 weeks, then rolling over and going to sleep? Once you get her running again - DRIVE HER a little. You may be surprised!

Got the fuel pump running, and car is fine. Checked all fuses, pulled all the relays in the trunk
fuse box, and gave the battery a good charge. Turned key on heard fuel pump run and car
started right up.

Either I had loose relay, or the battery was causing issues. Think it was a relay, and battery
has a battery tender on it, and car did start and run for 5 seconds when all this started.

Either way all good.

"started my T Bird to let it run some, and warm up, as I always
do about every 2 or 3 weeks."

WARM UP? Your Baby is trying to tell you something! Imagine "warming up" your spouse, or significant other every 2-3 weeks, then rolling over and going to sleep? Once you get her running again - DRIVE HER a little. You may be surprised!

Lol interesting analogy. I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between a biological living breathing entity, and a mechanical car. I would not suggest anyone letting their wife know they compare them to a car either. hahahaha

I would suggest, tbird, that unless you can uneqivocally tell me you have never been on a long, grueling roadtrip where your "Baby" never missed a beat, ran like a watch, hummed like a tBIRD and when you finally shut her down in the garage with a sigh of relief- you felt nothing emotionally? You didn't say/think "luv you Babe"? C'mon, tell the truth!

Loved the analogy, Vinnie. BTW, I kind of agree with Vinnie. Why have a car that you never drive? :) Especially one that looks that hot, lol!

If you live in the E. panhandle of WV, I'd love to take it for a spin for you; you know, keep it happy and perkie.

Back