dead battery--how do I open the trunk? Remote doesn't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swiss army knife

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
We parked the 2003 T-bird for the spring to escape the hail storms. Yes, I have started it a couple of times. Tried to start it today, battery dead. Tried both remotes to pop the trunk to get to the battery--nothing. Tried to press the key latch on the driver's door--nothing. I don't find any key slot around the trunk. What can I do now except cry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2004 TBird with dead battery. Been sitting for 3 months. Cannot open trunk to charge battery. The key operated push button located on the drivers side door is electronic not manual so cannot open trunk that way. Is there another way to open trunk, or else charge battery from engine compartment? Have 2004 complete shop manual. Reviewed. Can't find any answers there either. Any ideas suggestions?
Thanks!

I went through 3 batteries in the first three years, including the dead one on the showroom floor. The salesman showed me how to open it before I bought. That keyhole behind the driver’s seat is the golden path.
The first two were faulty, the third lasted > 5 years.

Got it! Sorry for post. There is a manual unlock behind drivers seat. Just didn't see it at first. Had a little dust over it; thought it was a fastener at first.

There is a key slot behind the drivers seat that will open it manually. Been there!

We parked the 2003 T-bird for the spring to escape the hail storms. Yes, I have started it a couple of times. Tried to start it today, battery dead. Tried both remotes to pop the trunk to get to the battery--nothing. Tried to press the key latch on the driver's door--nothing. I don't find any key slot around the trunk. What can I do now except cry?
Behind the drivers seat find a key slot for the ignition key. It is near the door opening where the carpet line and plastic join .It will open trunk.

There is a key hole trunk release behind the driver’s seat.

ROFL!!!!! So you would rather waste time calling AAA than to use your own key to open your door yourself?

LOL I really forgot there was an actual keyhole in the driver door.. Not having the car in front of me, is there a keyhole on the passenger side)? That's all becoming a rare commodity nowadays..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back