Help! Only had it 3 days!

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A
Last seen
Hello, I need some help. I just bought my wife her dream car for her birthday/christmas/valentines/etc......... Its an 03' w/ only 19000 miles. Bought from Ford dealer many miles from home due to the fact that the color and options she wanted were hard to find in our area. Car is in beautiful condition and wife is very excited and pleased. Tonight on her return from work only 5 miles from home the letter "E" appeared on the shift selection display. The only mention of this in the manual is one line that leads me to believe I am in trouble. Being some what mechanicly inclined I thought I would quickly check the fluid to be sure the level is correct only to find out I can't check the fluid! What can you tell me about this situation? The VUN # is 1FAHP60A03Y103490 I thank you in advance for you response.

Hello, I need some help. I just bought my wife her dream car for her birthday/christmas/valentines/etc......... Its an 03' w/ only 19000 miles. Bought from Ford dealer many miles from home due to the fact that the color and options she wanted were hard to find in our area. Car is in beautiful condition and wife is very excited and pleased. Tonight on her return from work only 5 miles from home the letter "E" appeared on the shift selection display. The only mention of this in the manual is one line that leads me to believe I am in trouble. Being some what mechanicly inclined I thought I would quickly check the fluid to be sure the level is correct only to find out I can't check the fluid! What can you tell me about this situation? The VUN # is 1FAHP60A03Y103490 I thank you in advance for you response.

Thats a fairly common problem with teh 03's and is easily fixed at the dealer... hopefully you are under warranty. There is a technical service bulletin out on this issue.... I'm not postitive but I think it involves just reflashing the computer.

Thanks for the response Quickdraw! Yes have warranty. You have given the little lady a bit of relief, maybe she will sleep tonight. She hasn't since she got the bird, just sets in the drive and stares at it! :) Do you know how one checks the tranny fluid since they forgot to put a dip stick in this thing?

Thanks for the response Quickdraw! Yes have warranty. You have given the little lady a bit of relief, maybe she will sleep tonight. She hasn't since she got the bird, just sets in the drive and stares at it! :) Do you know how one checks the tranny fluid since they forgot to put a dip stick in this thing?

You shouldn't have to check the tranny fluid but the dealers check it like the read end fluid... theres a plug on the side.

03 Tbird Transmission Problems

I also had the same experience on my 03 T-bird at 20,000 miles. Thankfully, I had one month left before my warranty expired. The dealer replaced the AT main control valve body and the AT Solenoid Valve. The car has been ok since the repairs. I have all my dealer repair codes if your dealer can't figure it out. I have the worlds best dealer service guy. He was always willing to "go the extra mile" even when I had less than one month left on my warranty.

Good Luck,

Jim

Keep us posted on the results please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back